Manor House

This architecturally exciting Arts and Crafts manor house was originally built as a wedding gift in 1907, by architect Henry May, for a son of the Lindsay-Hogg family who lived nearby at Rotherfield Hall. The elevations comprise a typical vernacular pallet of brick and tile-hanging with some fine stone detailing.

We worked closely with our clients to convert and link the service wing to form an integrated kitchen, dining and family room. True to the Arts and Crafts style, our design is unexpected and incorporates a barrel-vaulted ceiling over the kitchen.

The shape of the barrel vault is mirrored within the new arch-topped window which projects with a lead roof from the original tiled hipped roof. The link takes a slightly more contemporary style with slimline bi-folding doors opening onto a sunken garden terrace and a lantern roof bringing light into the heart of the living space.

similar projects...

Country Cottage
Edwardian Villa